Breaking News

O.Y. - Party All Weekend ft. Robbie Nova


Oldest Youngan brings first-class entertainment with new EP ‘Overlooked’
BRONX, NY – If New York City was a person, O.Y. would be that personification. Being able to capture the very essence of hip-hop is rare, but from the perspective of this Bronx, New York Native, it is second nature and somewhat organic.
“People automatically know where I’m from when they hear my music or see me perform,” said the fast-rising artist with a thick Bronx accent. “I guess I got that aura. Usually people tell me I don’t sound like nobody else. I got that classic sound, and once you hear me you don’t forget. I stand out. It really works in my favor. At this point, I’m so polished, as soon as you hear the first
couple of joints, I got you and that’s it.”
His very name, O.Y., further emphasizes his take on music. It stands for Oldest Youngan, which he said describes a musician with an old soul and a young spirit. His music is refreshing, with a common theme that touches on his old soul and young spirit at various times. Growing up in the Bronx, he couldn’t help but become infatuated with hip-hop. It was something everybody in his neighborhood was doing, and it dictated how he perceived the world. It also helped that his family was tied to the music industry, especially with his Uncle Rob lending his talents to the early development of Rap as a genre.
Today O.Y. has combined all of those influences and experiences to launch new music that is lighting up the airwaves all along the East Coast. His EP, “Overlooked,” has some amazing features from notorious artists, and includes eight songs that are all home runs. One song features Jermaine Paul, the season one winner of NBC’s hit show “The Voice.” Another song, “Party All Weekend,” features Robbie Nova, who is in heavy rotation on a lot of radio stations. It’s a song that O.Y. said is perfect for the radio and for the holidays, as people can enjoy it at parties or at the club over vacation.
“It’s a big record and we really hit this one out,” he said. “I think people can listen to it and feed off (Nova’s) energy and couple it with the energy we’re bringing. The whole project has a wavy sound that people are going to love. It’s New York, but everybody can really rap with it because it’s wavy enough to touch everybody. And it’s just good, quality music. Really five out of the eight songs could be debut singles because they’re all that good. It’s well-balanced. It’s like a 12-course meal.”
The EP comes from O.Y.’s independent label Everything First Class Entertainment. He said the company name is a reflection of the integrity and high-quality he and his team bring to every endeavor in the industry, and represents an attitude and work ethic that he embraces with every new endeavor.
“It really speaks to the quality of our character,” he said. “How you do one thing is how you do everything. If I have to mop the floor, I’m gonna mop the floor the best you’ve ever seen. If I’ve got to negotiate a $10 million deal, I’m gonna do it the best and make it an $11 million deal. And when you know that about what we do, then you can trust us when we say ‘We comin.’ Now is the perfect time for us to come out and do what we do.”
“Overlooked” is available on all platforms with the first single “Party All Weekend” ft Robbie Nova.