Breaking News

Awaken My Love by Childish Gambino



Man it looks like Christmas came early for those of us that love music. So far in the month of December we have releases from Childish Gambino, J. Cole, Ab Soul, Wale so far (who knows maybe Big Krit or Kendrick might get in on the action). So with that being said this article is going to focus on one out of the four the who just happens to have many talents. If you don't know Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino resume then check out Atlanta, Community and his other endeavors. Childish Gambino is one of many examples of what artist can do if they put their mind to it. From acting to writing songs or even scripts of his own show it looks like this guy does it all. Now with his latest album titled "Awaken My Love" Gambino reaches way back to the times of Bootsy Collins, Prince and other funky 70's vibes and made a present day psychedelic project. I have this album on repeat as of now and most definitely see my self coming back to it years later. From the opening track "Me and Your Mama" to "Stand Tall" this album gives me goose bumps and memories of the music my great-grandfather exposed me to. So if you are fans of Andre 3000, Bootsy Collins or Prince this album is for you. But just don't take my word for it check it out in the playlist below.