Breaking News

Slept On Music: Yes Lawd! by Anderson Paak and Knxwledge (NxWorries)



First off shout out to the people at Dead End Hip-Hop for reviewing this project and putting me up on game. I have heard of Anderson Paak but haven't checked out any of his music until now. Yes Lawd! is a great introduction to Paak and producer Knxwledge. Even though I didn't grow up in the 60's and 70's hell most of the 80's lol I dig the vibes of the music from that era. This project definitely has that diamond in the back sun roof top chillin in the scene with a gangsta lean vibe. I don't know how this got under my radar because most of this year I've been complaining on how their is a lack of good music and too much trash being promoted heavily. Well thank God for this diamond that I came across among all the garbage. I really enjoyed listening to this project and can see this being used back in the day for a Pam Grier or Superfly film score. Hope you guys get the same feeling I did after listening. Check out Yes Lawd! below and feel free to leave a comment.