Breaking News

Gotti Dinero - Yea Yea


Gotti Dinero - Yea Yea

Tragedy sparks new trajectory for Chicago-based artist GottiDinero 

CHICAGO, IL – Life shifted when Tay Mulla got the news that his brother and cousin died in a car crash this year. The young Hip Hop artist from the Englewood section of Chicago had been rapping with his brother for years, and the two had been slowly making a name for themselves throughout the greater Chicago area as rappers who should be taken seriously. His brother’s name was GottiDinero, and to honor him and make sure that name never gets lost to history, Tay has adopted the stage name as his own. 

Under that name, GottiDinero has been releasing singles over the past year that are pure emotion. They’re the kind of singles that the Hip Hop industry needs today. They’re helping him spread his reputation beyond the Midwest into the entire U.S. and into the rest of the world. His latest single, “Yea Yea” is a fun vibe that is perfect for the summer.  

“It’s a song that’s basically me like I’m lit,” he said. “It’s a getting-money vibe with that rapid fire delivery as I talk about my lifestyle and getting money and being with girls. I’m a versatile artist and I’m a real genius, and this song shows that. With my music, there’s no fake nothing. I’m a genuine artist and you can feel me in my music. I just be me. That’s my style. Ain’t nobody like me. I want people to hear my music and be like, ‘Damn!’ just off of one line. There’s a thoughtfulness behind my music – behind the rhyme schemes and the word choices. I can make party music but more-so, I make music people can vibe to and will touch people.” 

GottiDinero said music became a central part of his life at a young age. He remembers listening to Lil Wayne as young as age 3. As he grew a little older, his cousin found a way for them to record on SoundCloud which sparked his journey in rap. Though his cousin would eventually walk away from music, GottiDinero never did. He fell into music, and about two years ago, he’d reached a point where he began releasing his music to the world. He shot his first music video and things began to take off. Then tragedy struck with his brother.  

“It happened on June 17th this year,” he said. “My brother was with my cousin and sister and two friends. Four of them were ejected out of the car, but my cousin was stuck in the car and died on the spot. My brother, sister and friends were in the hospital. He died in the hospital and so did another girl. But my sister and her friend survived and healed pretty quickly. Thank God they healed quick. It took me a little while but I eventually realized I wanted to make sure my brother’s name is still out there and lives on. Any time they see me, they see his face. That’s what I hope my music does – passes that legacy along.” 

To listen to GottiDinero’s music or to follow him on social media, please visit: 

https://www.instagram.com/taymulla_/